About Rakkh Resort
Rakkh Resort is a luxury getaway nestled between the mighty Dhauladhar range and the beautiful Kangra Valley.
Located on an idyllic mountainside at a driving distance of 30 minutes from Dharamshala city, the resort consists of beautiful cottages for your stay.
Rakkh Resort’s location is one of its biggest advantages over other properties in the vicinity. It is located at the perfect distance from the tourist hub of Dharamshala, so as to provide the solitude required of a mountain getaway and the accessibility to places of interest in and around.
The cottages are luxurious with all modern amenities, and feature large glass facades for you to enjoy the views in the day and bright stars in the night.
With an open air restaurant that serves multiple cuisines and an extensive list of activities to work up an appetite, Rakkh is the perfect go to.
Rakkh Resort – Highlights
Nearly every aspect of the resort is worthy of mention here.
The cottages are beautifully furnished with quaint seating spaces outside. The location is surrounded by nature. Trees, small grass flats, terraced farms, a stream and small mountain houses dotting the landscape provide a unique canvas.
There are a host of activities that include walks, treks, mountain biking and paragliding for those who like an active holiday. There also are scores of sightseeing options, beautiful monasteries, ancient temples, tea estates, an art gallery , and even lessons in pottery for the culturally inclined.
And if it’s a relaxed holiday that’s on your mind, you can simply refuse to be a part of all the hustle, stay back at the resort and plunge into a book, your favorite music or even a spa session as and when you feel like it.
Rakkh Resort – Location
- The nearest airport is Gaggal, 45 minutes away.
- The nearest railway station (broad gauge) is Pathankot, 03 hours away.
- The distance by road between New Delhi and Rakkh Resort is around 490 Kms.
- The distance by road between Amritsar and Rakkh Resort is 225 Kms
- The distance by road between Ludhiana and Rakkh Resort is 208 Kms
- The distance by road between Chandigarh and Rakkh Resort is 257 Kms
Rakkh Resort – Room Types
Rakkh resort Dharamshala has 09 mountain cottages, 06 hill cottages and 02 interconnecting rooms, replete with modern amenities.
The cottages feature hot and cold climate control, tea/coffee making facilities, lounge chairs, work-desks, full window facades & patios. The en-suite bathrooms have hot & cold running water and feature premium amenities.
Rakkh Resort – Activities
Adventure and Outdoors
- Several scenic mountain biking trails – ideal for beginners to advanced
- Paragliding at Bir-Billing
- Day Treks and Hikes customized as per difficulty
- Tea Estate Experience – pluck to cup
- Beautiful guided village walks and tea estate hikes
- Visit to Andretta Village and a Pottery Workshop at the Andretta Studio for some hands on experience
Sightseeing/ Day Excursions
- Day excursions to Dharamsala and McLeodganj
- Visits to Bajinath Temple, Masroor Rock Temples and Kangra Fort
- Chokling Monastery and Norbulingka Institute of Tibetan Culture
- Yoga and Meditation
- Pottery sessions at the top of a hillock
- Try working a handloom
- A local styled feast “Dhaam” cooked in a traditional setup, with a cultural evening under the stars
- Just relaxing at the open air restaurant, taking in the views
Rakkh Resort – Travel Tips
- The Beauty of Dhauladhar mountains is best captured in winters.
- Paragliding is a 5 to 6 hour long activity, plan accordingly.
- McLeodganj has some great cafés, suggested for lunch / quick bite while you’re there.
- Getting to the mountain cottages involves a short walk on a sharp incline.
- Choose mountain cottages if you’re an early bird, while hill cottages are best suited if you like to sleep in.
- If traveling from Delhi, break your journey at Anand at The Satluj, a beautiful farm-stay at Sri Anandpur Sahib.