About Singinawa Jungle Lodge
Singinawa Jungle Lodge is a premium jungle resort adjacent to the Kanha National Park in Madhya Pradesh.
Kanha National Park is one of the premier national parks in India. Spread across 940 sq. kms. the park has a sizeable population of the royal Bengal tiger, Indian leopard, sloth bears, swamp deers, wild cats, foxes, jackals amongst others, besides 300 species of birds and a multitude of reptiles.
The lodge is spread across 110 acres, of which 55 acres have been regrown and maintained to ensure diversity as well as richness. This ensures that Singinawa, while not within the national park boundary (like all other wildlife resorts in the country), feels like it’s in the lap of the wilderness.
There are just 12 cottages, one bungalow with four and another one with two bedrooms at Singinawa Jungle Lodge, totaling 18 two-bedroom living units in the 110 acres of resort space!
All cottages and bungalows are well-furnished and equipped with all modern facilities like air-conditioning, hot & cold running water, tea/coffee makers & minibars.
The resort has an enviable reputation for its impeccable service standards, delectable food and a rustic yet luxurious ambience, replete with little thoughtful details that mark the difference between “excellent” and “perfect”.
Singinawa Jungle Lodge – Highlights
Kanha Tiger Reserve is the largest national park in central India. Of the better known species, the park has a large population of Bengal Tigers, Indian Leopards, Sloth Bears, Hard Ground Barasingha (a sub-species of the swamp deer), Wild Dogs, Wild Cats, Foxes and Jackals.
Among other species are Indian Gaur, Spotted Deer, Sambar, Barking Deer, Four Horned Antelope and even Mouse Deer. These along with 300 species of birds, make Kanha a quintessential destination for wildlife lovers.
What sets Singinawa Jungle Lodge apart is the aptitude and ability of the in -house team of naturalists.
The naturalists at the Singinawa Jungle Lodge are, to say the least, exceptional in terms of their knowledge and skill set. You spot something in the wild that catches your eye, and rest assured, you will have your guide providing you with some really interesting information beyond the ready answers.
Going out of the way to ensure that your exposure to the wild is filled with wonder and delight, interacting with the team will probably be the highlight of your trip.
Don’t be too surprised if you step out of your cottage one morning and see a spotted deer grazing a few meters away as you make your way to the pool.
In fact, we’d recommend having your camera at the ready at all times while at Singinawa Jungle Resort.
The resort has multiple dining locations to choose from. Make sure you experience as many of them as you can during your stay. One of the Al-fresco experiences being a must.
Singinawa Jungle Lodge – Location
- The Nearest airport is Jabalpur lies at a distance of 205 kms (a 3 hour 30 minute drive).
- The other airports are Nagpur (305 kms / 5 hours 30 minutes by road) & Raipur (255 kms / 4 hour journey by road)
- All of the airports have regular flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad & Bengaluru.
- All three cities above are also well connected by trains. Gondia station is the closest rail head, from which Singinawa Jungle Lodge lies at a distance of 120 kms (2 hour journey by road).
- If driving from the northern part of the country, the best route is via Jabalpur. For those driving from the south or east the Raipur route is suggested. For the guests driving in from the west both the Nagpur and Jabalpur routes are good to go.
Accommodation at Singinawa Jungle Lodge
12 cottages – Built using stone and slate, the secluded cottages feature large bedrooms, private verandahs, en suite bathrooms and rain showers. The super king size beds are available in single, twin bed and double bed configurations.
The rooms also feature a fireplace, a workstation, lounger chairs, a mini bar as well as tea & coffee making facilities.
The Perch Bungalow – Two double master bedrooms, interconnected with another two double bedrooms (each with en-suite bathrooms). A central lounge with also serves as a dining room and features a library connects all four bedrooms.
A dedicated kitchen with an accomplished chef and butler can be pressed into service if the guest so require. Needless to say, the facilities available in the main lodge are accessible to the Perch guests regardless.
An open courtyard with a huge Sal tree can serve as a venue for dining, or just dolce far niente in the shade of the tree or by a crackling bonfire.
The Wildernest – Perfect for a small family, or two couples traveling together, The Wildernest is a two bedroom bungalow. The two double bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with all modern amenities, and a common lounge & dining room.
Placed on the border of the beautiful Singinawa Jungle Lodge grasslands, The Wildernest is perfect for enjoying beautiful solitude in the lap of nature.
For the outdoorsy: Beyond everything-wilderness there are tribal art tours, photography tours, nature walks, birding walks, visits to tribal habitats, spending time at the farm (which supplies food to the lodge), a visit to Phen National Park, specialty trails & trails tailor-made for kids.
Also, bicycle tours, spending time with the naturalists and enjoying their brilliant storytelling.
For the laid back: The meadow spa, mid-day naps, sitting in the verandah and finishing that volume of the Jungle Book.
A visit to the in house Kanha Museum of Life & Art dedicated to pieces of art created by the indigenous Gond and Baiga tribals is highly recommended.
Also, if you write, remember, here lies the inspiration for one of the greatest books of all times.
Singinawa Jungle Lodge – Travel Tips
- Kanha national park is divided into 4 zones for easy maintenance and management and also to spread the vehicles in different areas to decrease the impact on the fragile eco system of the Park.
- The four zones; Kanha, Mukki, Kisli and Sarhi are open for Safaris from October 1st to June 15th.
- Safari bookings open 120 days in advance, so it is advisable to book well ahead in time as last minute bookings are hard to come by.
- May and June are the best months for photographers, as the sightings of large mammals become plentiful.
- You can build a wildlife based itinerary by visiting Pench National Park (114 kms) and then visit Satpura National Park (331 kms) or Tadoba National park (306 kms). Although the journey between Kanha and Satpura / Tadoba takes 6 – 8 hours, it is worth the effort to visit at least two to better appreciate the diversity of the states.
- While at Satpura we suggest staying at Forsyth Jungle Lodge
- While at Tadoba, Bamboo Forest Safari Lodge is the best place to stay at.
- Singinawa Jungle Lodge has received multiple awards for service excellence as well as excellence in sustainable tourism, making it the best in Kanha and amongst the best in the country. So if you are looking at sustainable travel, Singinawa should be on your bucket list.